David is hosting the next Disability Blog Carnival and in keeping with his theme "Top Ten Lists" I submit the following:
My Husband is Blind. Top Ten Questions I’m Asked:
10. How did he go blind?
9. "He always looks so good. Do you pick out his clothes?"
(Volunteer at the guide dog training school we both once worked
8. Shall I trim his eyebrows? (Barber while cutting Steve’s hair)
7. Can he see anything?
6. How does the dog know when to cross the street?
5. He travels by himself?
4. Does he know what you look like? (Leeza Gibbons)
3. Would he like a menu?
2. What’s a nice girl like you doing with a guy like that? (No
one has literally asked me this one but I can see it in their
And the #1 question asked of me as the wife of a blind man: